This position will provide direct supervision to Hourly/NES employees to achieve daily and monthly production targets to ensure on-time-delivery to customers.
- Provide equipment, knowledge and skills necessary to meet internal and external customer schedules.
- Strive to ensure compliance with all customer requirements, internal and external.
- Maintain and ensure uninterrupted accreditation and or certifications NADCAP, AS9000.
- Has nonconforming product disposition authority within the scope of this job description.
- Review product non-conformances as part of continuous improvement within the scope of this job description.
- Provide discipline to procedures.
- Coordinate with other supervisors to ensure customer schedules are met.
- Provide an atmosphere where ideas are welcomed and supported utilizing ABS methodology.
- Actively supports all manufacturing operations.
- Enforces all plant policies and safety programs.
- Develops and implements an effective colleague development program.
- Interfaces regularly with customers to ensure supplier of choice status.
- Determines manpower and equipment requirements and reacts accordingly.
- Ensures effective ongoing training at all levels.
- Maintains compliance with federal and internal safety regulations. Ensures an ongoing effective safety program.
- Actively works to introduce ABS concepts.
- Expected to assist in the implementation of Arconic's EHS value and policy statement and it’s accompanying principles.
- Compile with all department Facility, Corporate and Regulatory EH&S regulations.
- Responsible for continuous department improvement to meet plant’s productivity goals.
- Responsible for cost control and department budgets to meet plants financial commitments.
The ideal candidate will possess:
Strong communication skills;
Good PC skills;
Program Mgmt skills;
Knowledge of Six Sigma,
Lean Manufacturing and/or ABS;
Good problem solving.
Must be willing to work various shifts including weekends.
- High School Diploma OR GED from an accredited institution.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Statistical analysis and blueprint reading skills preferred
- Experience with Quality systems such as NADCAP, AS9000 and/or NDT Strategies