Maintenance Mechanic A - Afternoon Shift
Date Posted: 5/6/2017
This position is an Afternoon Shift position (2:30 PM - 11:00 PM ) Sun - Thurs OR Tues-Sat
Makes repairs and does preventative maintenance on facility and manufacturing equipment.
Essential Job Function
Assists Senior Maintenance in maintaining plant mechanical and building equipment.
Installs piping and mechanical equipment as directed.
Able to trouble shoot and repair all routine mechanical failures or malfunctions and acquire some knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Assists in construction and/or repair of all plant equipment.
Keeps records as required.
Must be able to perform the duties of a B Maintenance Mechanic
Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
Maintain all assigned work areas in as clean, orderly and safe condition as circumstances permit.
- Frequent lifting, pushing pulling and standing in a manufacturing environment
- Requires the use of a face shield and respirator at times
- TOOLS - Lathe, Welder, Miller, Grinders, Small hand tools and safety equipment, Computers, Vacuum leak detector
- Expected to assist in the implementation of EHS Values and policy statements and accompanying principals.
- Comply with all department, facility, corporate and regulatory EHS regulations.
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report all job related illness and injuries (Per Employee Handbook).
- Report all safety, health and environmental concerns to your supervisor in a timely manner.
- Attend all EHS training.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder')
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates residing within a 50 miles radius of Dover, NJ will only be considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Must be able to work flexible hours including night and weekends with little advanced notice
- 2-3 years Industrial Maintenance experience
- Working towards acquiring a boiler operation license. Will be required to have a boiler license after 1 year of employment.
- Be familiar in repairs and location of plant air compressors, natural gas and propane systems, sprinkler valves, etc., water systems (city, well and tower boilers)
Skilled Labor - Trades
At least 2 year(s)
Check Out Similar Jobs
Skilled Labor - Trades Jobs | Jobs in Dover, NJ